The Evolution of Cloud: Thought Leadership
The 1st November saw Arrow hold its cloud thought leadership forum – bringing together expertise from across the channel to give our channel partners the latest insight.
Want to know more? Visit the event microsite or contact the Arrow Cloud team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Future of Cloud
It’s a huge and rapidly growing opportunity:
- Only 5% of business workloads currently run in the cloud, but by 2017, 31% of companies will source >50% of their IT capabilities from the public cloud
- 60% plan to source cloud services through a value-added business partner of their chosen vendor
- Cloud is growing 6x faster than the overall IT market
The market trend is towards value-add services:
- 70% of business customers anticipate needing an external provider for cloud consulting, training and implementation expertise
- Cloud-engaged solution providers are making 23-58% higher margins
- Partners need to pivot from selling / re-selling point solutions to delivering managed services – being a trusted advisor to end user customers for hybrid cloud solutions
Channel partners need to focus on the following:
- Business outcomes vs. technology
- Managed services vs. pure resell
- Cloud practices vs. long-tail catalogues
- High margin growth markets vs. commodity services
Arrow’s comprehensive go-to-market framework is an industry first - specifically designed to equip resellers and MSPs with all the tools and expertise needed to guide enterprise customers in developing an efficient roadmap for cloud services.
Build on Arrow use cases and cross-vendor solutions to deliver the 3 pillars for hybrid cloud growth:
Cloud Infrastructure & Operations
Cloud Big Data Analytics / IoT
Use Cloud value-add services to wrap around the 3 pillars:
Deliver through the Arrow Cloud Enablement (ACE) programme:
- ONBOARD: Explore the cloud opportunity for you and your customers through the Arrow Digital Transformation Assessment
- PLAN: Build out your cloud proposition and refine your go-to-market strategy, using intelligence gained through the Assessment
- ENABLE: Equipping you for success through sales and technical training, marketing support and financing knowledge
- EXECUTE: Use the ArrowSphere platform to keep your cloud business on track by maximising opportunities and margins
- REWARD: Celebrate your successes and reap the rewards through Arrow’s partner programmes and incentives
Explore the Arrow Cloud Enablement Programme and find out how your business can benefit
Business Transformation with Cloud
As part of our Evolution of Cloud thought leadership event next week, we're please to welcome James Lowe from IBM to guest post on the Arrow Blog.
Arrow Bandwidth Season 2, Ep 3 - The Evolution of Cloud, from IaaS to Enterprise SaaS
This week David and Rich are joined by Arrow's cloud guru, Scott Murphy. The team talk through the evolution in Cloud we've seen this year.
Are your customers secure in the Cloud?
The main concern most end users have about cloud is security. Scott Murphy takes you through how to handle common objections and what Arrow can do to support your cloud business.